START-UP LAND WORKSHOP SERIES
SparkMacon and the Mercer Innovation Center have partnered to develop this program into a cohort experience for up to 20 participants, designed to connect aspiring entrepreneurs with local business resources and help them launch their companies.
The Start-Up Land Workshop Series is ideal for the aspiring entrepreneur who finds themselves in the space between initial idea and actual business.
The program consists of seven workshops, with each focused on a different aspect of starting a new venture and guiding participants through a hands-on business development experience.
The series runs from January through April 2017, and the meeting dates are below:
- January 31, 6 – 7 p.m.: Idea Development
- February 7, 6 – 7 p.m.: Business Planning
- February 28, 6 – 7 p.m.: Business Advice
- March 14, 6 – 7 p.m.: Business Licensing
- March 28, 6 – 7 p.m.: Office Space
- April 11, 6 – 7 p.m.: Marketing and Branding
- April 25, 6 – 7 p.m.: Funding
- May 9, 6 – 7 p.m.: Showcase
The series will culminate with a business showcase, where participants can pitch and present their new businesses.
Update: Registration for this program has closed. Stay tuned for updated about future installments!